stern

B Dike wrote:

Our 85 300CD has Euro lights with some high output bulbs from Daniel [can't
remember last name] Lighting.  I thought they were great and was proud of them.
 But the long-time Benz gurus here in Seattle have declared them inappropriate
for our area here because of the hills around here.  The sharp upper cutoff in
the pattern either leaves the driver blind when climbing hills or blinds the
oncoming traffic when descending, or both.  And that is exactly what happens.
With low beams we get flashed by oncoming drivers going uphill, but the pattern
is on spec and is scary enough on hills without lowering it further.   The old
DOT headlights don't have that problem.
Bruce

--
Kaleb C. Striplin/Claremore, OK
 89 560SEL, 87 300SDL, 85 380SE, 85 300D,