My sister had a 2011 ML with diesel engine, on a three year lease.  During
the lease, it had one of the computers fail while sister was driving in six
lanes of freeway traffic.  Car totally shutdown, no warning.  A very
dangerous event, and thank God there weren't any collisions or injuries.

When it came off lease, her father-in-law purchased it.  Twice the fuel
filter clogged and shut down the engine (I suspect the tank had a microbial
growth bloom going).  $300 each time for a tow to the dealer for diagnoses
and a new filter installation.  Finally the rear main engine seal started
leaking, at about 100k miles, not covered by warranty, so he sold it.

Mileage was only in the high 20's.  Very comfortable and quiet, great to
drive, but the quality was lacking.

Max Dillon,
Charleston SC