We have the same dilemma -- the 300 SDL is getting up there in years and miles, so is the 87 300D, and I am not excited about the replacements. The quality is simply not there, after Chrysler got involved Benz seems to have decided to make very expensive disposable cars, with electronic everything. Very annoying, I prefer the longevity of the older ones. New ones end up in the dump about the time I'd be buying them because they need several thousand dollars of electronics to fix stupid problems (i.e. two, not one, $2500 computers to get the f...king brake lights to work.)

Peter