Mitch Haley wrote:

> You had it (Prius) long enough to get any numbers on a long trip at 70-75mph?

G: On a 200 round trip at 60 mph it got around 46 mpg.

> Still sort of tempted to get a GM car with the 1.4L turbo, but I think I've
> gotten over that bug. I'm thinking such a car would do low 40s at 70mph or
> maybe
> 50 at 55mph.

G: Friend has been happy with a Volt for several years. Since it's a plug-in he
gets very low cost-per-mile and he's had no repairs after 50K miles.
On road trips he gets mpg in the low 40's.

G: Son has a Ford Fusion hybrid that got 37 mpg at 70 mph on trip from
Nashville to Orlando. When I drove it, the mpg pattern on the display was
similar to the mpg pattern on the Prius. It probably get something less than a
Prius locally since it's a heavier car. At 100K+ miles he has some sort of
noise the mechanics can't identify, so he's waiting until he buys the next set
of tires; tires being a common cause for such noises.

G: Nearly all speed limits in this county are 45 mph, so I drive around at 50
and the display shows 56 mpg on the Prius. Haven't yet checked the mpg by the
usual methods.

 AFAIK, nothing available in USA beats or even matches a 15 year old
> Honda Insight. The problem with 2 seat Insights is that they're all either
> worn
> out with 200-300k miles on them, have dead batteries, or aren't for sale.
> Mitch.

Agreed.
Gerry