Gerry wrote:
> ...there is some interesting experimentation and successes involving fecal
> transplants. (Fecal transplant is removing a patients feces and replacing it
> with known healthy feces from a donor.)

Thanks for telling us about fecal transplant.
I heard about this several months ago on NPR program titled People's
Pharmacy.  Video at youtube are also available to hear about how it
works.  Difficile is quite the bugger for persons from what these
articles have said.  The one thing I don't like about this is all the
emphasis on autoimmune as catch-all for many malady these days.  It
sounds more like the '80's all over again with acquired immune
deficiency which carries negative connotation, but difficile seems to
be of a much different character than some odd personal habits...
fwiw.  Yeah, don't bring out the pooserator for that comment - ya
gotta admit the acquired stuff is connected with personal habit.
Please keep us up-to-date about difficile fecal treatments, just to be
up-to-speed about odd medical progress.  90 years ago taking insulin
from pigs was quite the odd thing, until pharma picked it up as a
money maker.
mao