On Dec 13, 2014 4:48 PM, "Meade Dillon via Mercedes" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
wrote:

> I'm sorely tempted to get a 2005 or 2006 S class for SWMBO's daily driver.
> Would like to hear from some owners of second-hand examples.

The site Dan posted a week or so ago (http://tradeinqualityindex.com/) was
very convincing - many of the trade ins for Mercedes were much lower
mileage than average.  Cars with a reputation for longevity, like Toyota
Camry or Honda Civic, were traded in later than average.  I'm sure there
could be a multitude of reasons Mercedes owners would choose to trade
early, but it seems like on average they should be traded in along the same
distribution as a, say, Lexus - yet they are not.  It confirms my bias that
there are systemic issues in Mercedes of recent enough vintages to trade in.

Best,
Tim