Thanks for all of your input!  Have any of you or anyone you kow ever completed
the swap from automatic to manual?  Just curious.

Last week I purchased a 1982 W123 280 gasser due to its price and close
proximity.  Although the body is rusty, it has a good running straight six
complete with dual overhead cams and a factory split manifold exhaust system.
Would the automatic transmission out of this car work behind my five cylinder
diesel?  I would imagine that operating RPMs are similar.  Is there a market
for this inline six motor?  Anybody need one?

-Scott