A local MB Dealer owner has a 240/300D that is a blast to drive, but goes through clutches quicker than your normal tranny fluid change.

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 21:24:09 -0600, BimotaBiker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Thanks for all of your input! Have any of you or anyone you kow ever completed the swap from automatic to manual? Just curious.

Last week I purchased a 1982 W123 280 gasser due to its price and close proximity. Although the body is rusty, it has a good running straight six complete with dual overhead cams and a factory split manifold exhaust system. Would the automatic transmission out of this car work behind my five cylinder diesel? I would imagine that operating RPMs are similar. Is there a market for this inline six motor? Anybody need one?

-Scott