It looks like the 240D manual tranny will find its way into my 300D.  The 280
is in fact a Euro.  Too bad the body is not in better shape.  It is bright red
in color and has the gentleman's name who took delivery of it inside the
driver's side door.  It also sports the cool cloth interior.  I might transpose
that to my 300D as well (since it is also a Euro).  Anyone for a inline six
complete with tranny?

-Scott

You want the 300D engine with the 300D differential if you chose to change
things around.  Others have covered most of the pitfalls.  adjusintg the
linkage seems like the easiest way out.

NO, the Gasser trans is not an interchange for the Diesel

Somebody might want a 280 twin cam.  Is yours a Euro?