I just got delivery of my nephew's 2004 Golf TDI, so I guess I'll be finding out how I like VW diesels.

My brother (who lives in Washington State) has had a Jetta TDI for a while now, gets 52 mpg on the highway, sometimes 55, so I'm eager to find out what sort of milage I get running to and from work.

I'll get the title and insurance straightened out next week and report back. Purrs like a kitten, and my brother in law who drove it over today from St. Louis says it runs fine.

125k miles, looks pretty good -- lowest milage car I've bought for a while, and enough years newer than my 88TE that I may not need to replace it before I retire.

Life is always an adventure!

Peter