With the minimal amount of information provided, I can't with a clear conscious
tell you to buy or pass.  If those are the only issues and you're willing to
invest the time and effort to correct them, fine.  I have to suspect that if
they treated the car as described that it's got other issues as well.

The M119 is pretty much a bulletproof engine.  I have two of them that have
over 500k on them combined (both over 270k each).  That being said, these are
complex cars compared to a W126 or W124, and if there are other issues they may
be inconveniences or  they could be significant issues.

If I could go over the car I would be confident in advising you, otherwise,
you'll have to decide whether or not you want to take the risk.  For under
$1000, you pretty much can't go wrong, I would think.

The W140 is a truly great car, and I believe that once you drive one you'll
want one.

Dan