Yes, adaptation.  With fuel heat and some camping gear,
you're actually in pretty good shape.  The 1600W Coleman
genny that got me through that bad ice storm did the
trick.  The main thing was the 1/2 beef that was in
the freezer.  It would have hurt to lose that.  The
TV and the reading lamp were just gravy.

I looked up the Tesla thing.  Their smaller one has
only 2x the energy storage of the 4 batteries that
are on my UPS.  I remember balking at the $350 I
spent for them.  I'm sure the charging efficiency
of these lead-acid batteries isn't as good as
Tesla's, but I'm weighing in at 1/10 the cost.
Oh, and with the Tesla, installation, and the
inverter, are extra!

Tesla's just trying to capitalize on their battery
pack.  But that battery pack was designed for
different needs than a stationary home.  It's
lightweight, and high-voltage.  Neither are necessary
for the home.

You can buy surplus mid-sized UPS's cheap all day
long.  (Once the batteries are dead, businesses
will usually just replace the whole thing.)  That
and a set of deep-cycle lead batteries from Costco
and you're good to go...

I lost one of my four batteries early.  It only lasted
3.5 years.  I bought a used battery to replace it, 4.5
years ago.  The $35 2kVA UPS has been running fine since.

I have three other 48V UPS's in spare.  And two surplus
battery banks, too.  We're covered!

-- Jim