Back in the '80s a trucking neighbor said a truckline tried Deutz air cooled
diesels in big road tractors. They had trouble maintaining proper working
temperature in the winter and the mpg was not very good. He thought they just
stuck a diesel intended for farm use in the trucks since there was still a
"chopper" in the intake that cut up grass, etc. into smaller pieces.
Gerry