Deutz has made over the road engines for decades. Much of the truck rolling stock in the Middle East and sub-Saharan Africa was powered by Deutz engines in the latter half of the last century.

Now Lister I don't know about, as those I only dealt with as stationary engines. Maybe one of the members more familiar with the Brits would know the answer.

Dan

yes, Deutz F series engine can run a truck in the sahara for years and never have a radiator boil over and won't blow a radiator hose. You just need to keep the blower clean and open the airbox regularly to check for dirt buildup etc. and make sure the fan stays running.

What were the Diesel engines used by the krauts in tanks in WWII? I've wondered if the deutz may have been used there.