Did you read the report? My SIL had some mention in there, making a fairly "emphatic" comment about something. Her friend Mary W wrote the book, which caused some period of estrangement, but I think they have kissed and made up over the whole thing once she got fully briefed on all the shenanigans.

--R

On 7/17/15 3:30 PM, WILTON via Mercedes wrote:
Well, I HAVE been very upset by UNC-CH's denial of any problem during the on-going probe of "scam" classes in the Afro-Am Studies Department - "paper classes" set up mainly to keep athletes "eligible." During last 20 years, or so, 3000+ students "took" classes and got HIGH grades for doing NOTHING other than getting on the "list." 'Damned upsetting and embarrassing.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rich Thomas via Mercedes" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
To: <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: "Rich Thomas" <richthomas79td...@constructivity.net>
Sent: Friday, July 17, 2015 2:51 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] S500 Ouchies

And avoided the commie indoctrination. Er, wait, UNC-CH.... Nevermind...

--R

On 7/17/15 1:52 PM, WILTON via Mercedes wrote:
he had received a scholarship for $18K per year from American U in DC. I was very happy for him, but I had to finally remind him that it left "only" about $40K per year for the rest of us to pay. We were pleased when he chose to attend UNC-CH (a state-supported U) at ~ $15K total per year from us.