True.

Here's the deal:

When I got the car, the only thing that didn't work on it was the parking
brake. You pulled on the release and it just slid right out of the dash.
Pressing the pedal down applies the parking brake, but it doesn't latch.

I removed the release handle and found that the cable was disconnected. I
reconnected it, only to now have a release handle that sticks out of the dash
2"-3", and still doesn't release the parking brake, which also continues not to
latch.

On two occasions I've pulled the knee bolster out to get at the parking brake
pedal, but it has a plastic cover that goes around it that has to be removed
before you can get to anything substantive.  After laying on my back under the
dash and hanging out of the door opening for 30 minutes, I'm done.

Without removing this cover you can't do a thing down there. Now I know why
this was left unresolved. Even the PO's indie probably didn't want to deal with
it.

Maybe when the weather cools off I'll take another shot at it.

I'm confused as to why it won't latch, or if it got jury-rigged not to since
the release cable doesn't work....

Dan

Sent from my iPad