On Mon, 27 Jul 2015 08:21:42 -0400 (EDT)
Mitch Haley via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> > On July 27, 2015 at 8:00 AM Dan Penoff via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > I removed the release handle and found that the cable was disconnected. I
> > reconnected it, only to now have a release handle that sticks out of the
> > dash
> > 2"-3", and still doesn't release the parking brake, which also continues not
> > to latch.
>

> It sounds to me like something is stuck, and it's ALWAYS releasing the parking
> brake.
> Which is far better than never releasing it.
>
> Mitch.
Nothing has been said about solvents such as Blaster or WD-40.
I squirt everything remotely connected to a system  with WD-40 first since  the
smell goes away faster. Let it set for a day or two and then exercise it every
time I think about it.
If that doesn't work, I use stinking PB Blaster and repeat the process. Been
doing that ever since there was no WD-40 or Blaster and "Eveready" (circa
1940s-50s) was the favorite solvent which was far better than any of the stuff
available nowadays.
Gerry