Greg Fiorentino wrote:
> Note:
> What Curt said, but if you wash or rinse the vegetables, then the water that
> clings to them is enough. I'm thinking green beans or asparagus here. Some
> veggies are great on the grill. Zucchini is a good example: cut them in
> quarters lengthwise, put them on a hot grill for about 2 minutes on each of
> the 3 sides for a total of about 6 minutes. This should produce some grill
> marks. pile them up on a serving plate. They will soften a bit sitting piled
> up like that. Season (I just use a bit of Italian dressing) and serve.
>
> If you want to use a crock pot for vegetables, use a temperature controller
> device (PID) and keep the vegetables in a vacuum-sealed bag. This technique
> is known as sous vide. This technique is wonderful for meat.
> Greg

I made a plug-in rig using a wall switch/dimmer that I think uses pulse width
modulation. That should reduce the temp in the crockpot which has only fixed
temps. Is that what you mean?

Vacuum sealed bag cooking sounds interesting. Been tempted to buy a sealer and
bags for other purposes, so maybe I'll get one and try it.
Gerry