The link was bad but I found them on Amazon. The prices range from $27 to $99
and the cooker is $235. Did the link refer to this one at $99?

http://www.amazon.com/Dorkfood-Sous-Vide-Temperature-Controller-DSV/dp/B0088OTON4/ref=sr_1_2/180-6726587-6328138?ie=UTF8&qid=1442701802&sr=8-2&keywords=sous+vide+controller

The description says that the power to the cooker is switched off and on by the
device. I would have to take Crockpot apart and wire a control board bypass via
a DPDT switch so pot could be used with or without the temp controller because
the pot would not come back on without pushing a button when it was turned off
by the device.

This precise temperature control seems to "pasteurize" foods while keeping meat
rare if desired, and prevents vegetables from being overcooked.

I'll take the pot apart and see if there is room for a switch.

Thanks,
Gerry