My free-market side winces at this type of legislation, but it is necessary.
Once diesel prices go over $4/gallon, the market will work all these bug out
by itself. Truckers will want to use it because it costs a buck less per
gallon. The suppliers will be able to afford to clean up their act, and
their fuel. Farmers will put unused land back into production. Everyone
wins.
Until then, we are looking a bit of turmoil as people try to push a
technology that is desirable, but not economically viable.

-Dave Walton