> > > Andrew wrote:
> > >
> > >  Nope.  How do I access Users and Groups?

> > Curt wrote:
> >
> > Open the system preferences, either from the icon in the
> > doc or the apple menu in the upper left.Then open your
> > favorite web browser, type www.google.com in the address
> > bar, in the Google window type in "how do I make a new mac
> > user"

> astrasfogel--- wrote:
>
> As a matter of fact, this isn't a trivial question. My son
> did this for me on another iMac, and he had to partition
> the hard drive.

What!?!  Hard drive partitions has _nothing_ to do with user
and group permissions, and _nothing_ with creating a user.

Within Mac OS, the user "guest" may have unchangeable
limitations, but any other user should be able to be added to
any group and given any privileges.

A hard drive partitions would change none of that.  Maybe both
were done at the same time - but there should be no tie
between the two activities.