Yes, I have had monovalve problems like everyone else.  Once they were
fixed, however, they didn't break again, like most Mercedes repairs.

I am not a big fan of the manual s/r in my  two 123 wagons because I have
two surgically repaired shoulders (one of each), but at least I don't have
to stop the car and get out of the driver's seat to adjust them, as would
be the case if the cars had crank windows.