You know what I just remembered, I never did get around to putting in an auto antenna lock out. Back when I had a car with a working auto antenna I found that if it was very cold out or we'd had sleet or freezing rain the dang thing would get frozen down. No amount of siliconcarne spray would help it. I figured the best solution would be to put a toggle switch at the antenna that would leave it up for the winter...

-Curt

Easy. Put it up and pull the plug in the trunk. It stays up. In the spring, IF you feel llke it, you can plug it in again...or not.

I just leave mine up now