G Mann wrote:
> I note the pervasive use of passive aggressive responses is quite often the
> response to direct confrontation among the "politically correct".
> Personally, I am offended by this type of insulting behavior much more than a
> direct attack on my character, my ancestry, or number of married parents.
I wonder if it might be because of the influence of lawyers who dominate many
parts of our lives with laws that discourage force, or could it be the same
result as in ancient England:

"The king to Oxford sent a troop of horse, For Tories (Republicans) own no
argument but force; With equal care, to Cambridge books he sent, For Whigs
(Democrats) allow no force but argument."

Think how long it's been since there was a duel between members of the
legislature.