Great. Thanks for the answers! I will try tightening before replacing. Johnny B says it's a pain to replace. I don't like that type of pain.

Brian
83 240D

From: B Dike <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Oil filter leak
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 12:33:24 -0800 (PST)

Brian,

Leaks are common at that point. Most can be eliminated by simply tightening the allen bolts holding the oil filter housing to the block. The gasket is simple to replace if necessary.

  Good Luck,

  Bruce

Brian Chase <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Oop, that will be confusing. I meant to say the mechanic says there is a
leak at the OIL filter housing gasket, not a fuel leak like I mistakenly
wrote in my previous post.

Brian

Bruce
82 300CD 334kmi 'His'