On Thursday, February 9, 2006, at 08:32 PM, Brian Chase wrote:

Good info. By gear wrench, you are referring to a ratchet, as in socket wrench? May sound like a simple question, but just making sure you aren't talking about a flat wrench (as in box end/open end) with a ratchet mechanism. By the sounds of it, the clearance in there is so little that a ratchet would have trouble fitting.

Gear Wrench= brand name KD carries them too. They look like a combination wrench but the box end is not offset and it has a fine tooth ratchet built in. I bought a set for $9.99 on sale a while back and it has wrenches, 1/4" and 3/8" sockets. They use adapters on the 10mm and 13mm to drive sockets. Came with allen, torx, philips, square and flat screwdriver bits. A special adapter allows the 10mm to drive bits. Includes a nut driver extensions that are solid and wobble in one. Made in Taiwan, very good quality, versatility and unbelievable utility. I am a Snap-On man have been all my adult life but I find this set to come in quite handy and I often use parts of it in conjunction with other tools to get what I need out ofit.

Also, can you expand on the whole leaving one of the bolts for last thing? Is that just for purposes of alignment?

One bolt cannot be fully withdrawn with housing in situ because it hits the steering gear-box. It won't go in unless you put it in the hole of the housing that it belongs in beforehand or pull the steering gear.

'preciate the details.

Johnny B.
I Mac Therefore I am