      From: Scott Ritchey via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
 To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: Scott Ritchey <ritche...@nc.rr.com>
 Sent: Friday, February 19, 2016 6:51 PM
 Subject: [MBZ] 617 Fuel Filter Bolt

This is about the hollow bolt that holds the Diesel secondary fuel filter to
the bracket.  On my old '79 300TD (non turbo), this bolt had an O-ring that
always sealed perfectly at the bracket.  On my current '82 300SD, there is
no O-ring and an aluminum washer (under the bolt head) is the seal.  I've
reused this washer and  it takes a LOT of torque to make it stop leaking.
What do we know about this bolt?  Was it a (poor) design change to eliminate
the O-ring?  Do I have the wrong bolt in the SD?  What do folks think?