If it comes with the hollow bolt with the extra O-ring (that seals at the
housing), I'd be interested.  Otherwise, I'll just look for a better/new
washer next time I need to mess with it.

What I find odd is the bolt in my '79 617 (with the additional O-ring)
always sealed perfectly without excessive torque but the "newer" design in
my '82 required mucho torque (and several attempts) to stop leaking.

Regardless, thanks for the offer.

Scott