I really don’t think I have any leaks.  I drove home tonight from the mother
in-law’s, which is about 50 miles, mostly interstate, and I was able to get the
system to change state based on he temperature setting.  The closer the cabin
temperature was to the setting, the more the center vents worked.

I would think if it was leaking it would be less predictable.  Maybe not,
that’s just the logic I’m working off of.

Now let’s throw a wrench in the proverbial gears:

So I get off the interstate and have about seven miles on surface streets to
get home.  As I pull up to a stop light, both my ABS and SRS lights come on.
Shoot.

As I get closer to home, the radio cuts out.  Then it comes on again.  Then it
cuts out.

Hmm.

Headlights look really dim.  Really dim.

Make the dash home with everything electrical turned off that I can think of.
Pull into to the driveway, pop the hood, put a meter on the battery while the
engine is running.

10.1 volts.  Not good.  Alternator has taken a dump.

Go inside, check with Advance Auto, they have a Carquest rebuilt in stock five
minutes away.  Have the youngster take me down there after I enter an order
online with a 40% off coupon.  get the rebuilt alternator, get back to the
ranch.  Change clothes, grab a quick snack since my last meal was lunch
(Indian, yum!) and then head out to the garage.

Start to finish: 40 minutes.

So I’m wondering if the electrical system issues could have affected the
compressor.  However, I turned the AC on and off several times on my trip home
with the temperature set all the way to “Cold” and every time I did it the
compressor came on and it got cold - real cold.

Kaleb - is the center vent vacuum pod one that has two sources of vacuum, or
just one?

Diesels ROCK, guys!  Had I been driving a vergasser I would have been stranded
at the side of the road.

Dan