On 22/03/2016 6:10 PM, clay via Mercedes wrote:
These bottom feeders are irritating.  They think that making rather insultingly
low offers will get them a great car.  That I am stupid enough to have them win
the lottery.   If all they can afford is a low end car, they should shop for
junk, instead of expecting to steal a car far beyond their abilities.

---
clay

I turned my computer upside down and shook it, but the bookmark for what I'm
looking for didn't fall out.

However, sellers will very often take a whole lot less than the asking price. My son works with a fellow who has purchased a couple of vehicles in the past year in that manner. He calls the seller up and offers a fraction of the asking price and buys the vehicle. A lot of people really don't want the hassle of selling and if they don't get an immediate offer of what they asked, will take the first offer they get.

I also had a client a few years back who was sort of a backyard used car dealer. He had a licence etc but no real store front shop. He would go around on weekends with a pocket full of cash and buy cars from private sellers. He never paid more than about half of what the asking price was. He would often just suggest to the seller that they were unlikely to get any better offers and advise he was prepared to pay cash immediately and would get the vehicle for his price. Sellers have often replaced the car already and don't have sufficient parking and do not wish to continue to pay licence and insurance etc.

RB