Yeah, I know that test...

If it is, what happens if I close up the system and drive it?  Will the
pressure from the escaping gasses overpressure the cooling system and cause it
to fail, maybe blow a hose?

I thought I saw bubbles when it was idling, but I’m wondering if that could
have been due to air getting burped out of the system since the coolant had
been low?

Dan