Just confused why I am not able to make the bolt fit. I guess I can find one at NAPA (plug) since I would like to get her running sooner rather than letting the present cold spell stop her and freeze her guts.

If I had taken lil' sis off your hands, then what would you be doing? What kind of sick person would I be to deprive you of a chance to play doctor? Have you been able to turn the crank to see the cams moving the valves? You did say it was getting fuel from the IP. Possible gummed up injectors? Glow does not glow at all, or just crank it and nothing happens?