You mount them on the wall up near the ceiling, they need 9" or so above for proper circulation (actually, sucking in air that then gets heated/cooled and blown out the bottom). They have a metal bracket you screw into some studs, drill a 2" hole through the wall to the outside (or in my cases I ran the lines up the inside of the walls and up and over one ceiling) in the proper place for the refrigerant lines and drain and the wires that communicate with the outdoor unit. The unit then just hangs on the bracket, they actually don't weigh much. You'll want to pick a good spot to get the air circulating around the room. 900 ft2 you might want 2 indoor units at opposite ends of the room or something just to get good coverage.

Then you run the lines from the outdoor unit up to the lines from the indoor unit that are sticking out the wall to the outside and connect those, secure everything to the walls (they have plastic chases you can buy to cover them if you want).

Mine you can adjust where the output blows, or have it sweep around and up and down, whatever suits.

I find in the winter it helps to have a ceiling fan going slowly to keep the warm air circulated. When cooling you don't want that so much.

--JC