It looks like one of these in each panel will do the trick:

https://www.amazon.com/Eaton-BRSURGE-Whole-Panel-Arrest-Breaker/dp/B00PM927KK

Or one of these specifically on the AC unit circuit:

https://www.amazon.com/Eaton-BR230SUR/dp/B00JV3EIG4

Not sure that will deal with voltage swings but if the issue is spikes/surges these should trip off the units or the whole panel?

--R