I found a guy who is based Upstate who facilitated getting me a new control board for my LG mini-split outdoor unit. He was a former boss of a guy who is listed on LG's website, but who no longer sells their stuff because of how poor they are to deal with (he says the units are not bad but the company is terrible). The guy is in the process of setting up some kind of distributorship and had to sweet talk some other guy he knows to get the deal done. What a cluster.... but it worked. None of these guys had to give me the time of day, but they were nice guys and worked the problem hard to get me the part. Not bad.

Arrived yesterday, I got it in today, IT'S ALIVE!!!!

$500 and a few days of screwing around with LG and their network got me the part. It really is a racket how these outfits make it hard to get parts for stuff, even when going through their distributors.
--FT