On July 14, 2016 at 11:29 PM Craig via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

On Thu, 14 Jul 2016 23:21:12 -0400 (EDT) Mitch Haley via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

The single room units always have a higher SEER rating too.

That's interesting. I thought the bigger units had higher SEER ratings.

The bigger ones have lower ratings, but I just checked and the multi zone have higher ratings than one giant single zone:

Fujitsu Halcyon Inverter units:

36RLXB 3 ton single zone 15.5 SEER $3150

36RLXFZ 3 ton quad zone 18 SEER $4500-4900

9RLFW 3/4 ton single zone 23 SEER $1425 (the one I just gave to my parents)

9RLS3 3/4 ton single zone 33 SEER $1585

Note that four 9000BTU 23 SEER cost $800 more at ACWholesalers than one 18 SEER 36,000BTU outdoor unit with four 9000 BTU indoor units. But if you have a controller board failure, you still have three functioning units if you have four compressors.

Mitch.