Well, Hell.

The Chowdah Q is coming up on Saturday and for the last two months I've been
whaling on my 1985 300TD in an attempt to get it ready for a (THE) trip to
Rhode Island.

So, This is the current state of affairs.

R&R starter, and now it starts, replaced the Battery (Autozone's Finest).

Replaced in no particular order:- Disks F&R, Calipers F&R (Bendix, ATE), Pads
(Pagid) F&R, Freed up parking brake and cables, Front shocks (Bilstein), Center
link (Jacked it up and bent it, SH*T), Steering damper, Rubber boots on the tie
rods, Changed oil (M1) and Filter (Mann), changed both Primary and Secondary
fuel filters (Mann), replaced all 4 Accessory belts (Continental), and
installed the A/C Compressor that Kaleb sent to me, Lo these many years ago,
replaced all three wiper blades (Bosch). Et F-ing cetera.

Had the shop put on the set of Tyres (General Altimax) rescued from 2 years
lost in the darkness of my cellar, balance and perform an alignment.

Tomorrow is replace the center driveshaft bearing and mount and vacu-suck the
A/C system etc. so, if the goddess wills, the W123 will make it to R.I.
Saturday. (And home too!).

Sorry that I have been so quiet. I thought that you all deserved a break from
my incessant blather.

There have been other fixes that I cannot call to mind.

Fred Moir.
Lynn MA.
Diesel preferred.