Most of the stuff I do is routine so I don't bother y'all with it, but when I get puzzled, or forgot how I did something years ago, or need better sources, I consult the wisdom of the list.

With new exhaust, new motor mounts, new tars, rotors, calipers, brake master and brake fluid, and the work on the trans, the old 240D is pretty nice. I could work on the body tinwork, and the valve cover vacuum valve for the trans (if Tom can get the prastic parts, and if I can spare the $$$ to buy the cheep prastic) and a few other little things like that, but other priorities intervene. I still need to figure out how to get more action from the idle adjustment cable.

The fight with the left motor mount was memorable, and that fight was posted for future reference.

I took the tractor to Lowes and to the Kolledge of Ag BBq last weekend, just as excuses to run it somewhere. (OT content)
Randy Bennell via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
September 8, 2016 at 4:23 PM

Well, it seems pretty obvious that most of you lazy folks are not doing much work on old Mercedes diesels as was the original intent of the list, or else are too lazy to bother telling us about it and giving us clues on how to fix our own poor old worn out broken Mercedes diesels, given that much of the posting on this list has nothing whatsoever to do with old Mercedes diesels.

Not everything is obvious. Sometimes you have to infer what people mean by their comments.

RB