I checked one big tea sack (think coffee 50 KG bag) and one african drum that was too big to fit in a tea sack on BA coming back from Kampala. Managed to get everything along that way with the 2 checked items allowed at the time. I looked odd in Heathrow wheeling around a drum and a tea sack on a cart. The big drum still has the souvenir baggage tag on it.

Hawaiians normally travel with checked ice chests, 5 gal buckets, cardboard boxes and toolboxes. When we moved to Hawaii with 8 checked boxes and 3 or 4 carryon boxes, we looked like Kamaaina.

Floyd Thursby via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
September 8, 2016 at 8:00 PM
I was thinking to go to the Q but mama has scheduled a journey to Syracuse to see her elderly mama, probably one last time (though she will probably surprise us all and live another 10 years to at least 100). I was thinking to bring the set of SEL rims, 2 of which have some old but decent snow tars I got for the boy when he had the car in PHL some years back, and give sell them to one of you cheep Yankee b*st*rds as I have no need for them. Maybe I will check them as baggage, the boy can take them back to Providence on Sunday when he goes back there from driving to SYR and y'all can fight over them.

Wouldn't that be a hoot, checking 4 rims, 2 with tars on them. I wonder if I could do it for $20 each or whatever they charge.

--R