I always figured  a thin coat of dieselfuel/oil preserved things in the
engine compartment.  But I never had show cars.  On the OM636, OM621,
OM615, OM616/7 and OM603/2/1 engines I don't think you'd hurt much.  On
the OM606 on, with all the electronics, it is probably not advisable to
hose down the engine; certainly pressure washers on those engines.

Ralph,'84TD via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
September 10, 2016 at 4:54 AM
This brings up an interesting question; is it wise to do a detail on a M.B. Diesel engine?
Ralph