Archer wrote:

"Daughter had a Ford mommy wagon about that time and that many miles which blew
a transmission, and I read something about those transmissions being a problem,
so it might be good to consider a replacement as Mitch suggests."

Max wrote:

"Is that what I'm driving?  A mommy (station) wagon?"

Archer wrote:

"Mommy wagons have the sliding side doors; station wagons are extended sedans
like they have always been. They're called mommy wagons because you most
frequently see a mommy driving with kids in the back except in places like
Geritol Acres where I live. Their names probably vary with regions. I've
forgotten what the official name is."

I definitely don't think of an Expedition EL as a Mommy Wagon.  It's a beast.
The Mommy wagons I see around here are the Toyota Sienna Minivan, the Honda
Odyssey Minivan and the Nissan Quest minivan.  Most of the time when I see a
Suburban or an Expedition, it has one person in it and no kids.  One of the
private schools (for the rich kids) is not too far from my house and if I drive
past it on the way to work, the line of vehicles dropping little Jayden, Aiden,
Cayden, and Jackson, Jaxson, and Jack are all Honda Odysseys.   Now, if I drive
by the Country Club where the parents are even richer and the kids are older,
there are lots of Escalades and Lexus RX.

The reality is all the SUVs and Minivans look like they descend from a common
ancestor - the station wagon.   I actually wish someone would still make a full
size wagon that looks like a station wagon instead of Suburban.  But, there
isn't much of a market for them.

My wife has been giving me a hard time for "corrupting" her 16 year old
daughter.  She recently announced she wants a wagon - an Audi Wagon
specifically.  I'll have to keep working on her to get her to shift her focus
to a MB wagon instead!

Don Snook