Theres sort of a challenge among a certain kind of person around here to make
it all the way to Miami in one shot. Its a 24 hour drive and I know several
people who claim to have done it. I think they're idiots...
-Curt

      From: Dan Penoff via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
 To: Mercedes List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: Dan Penoff <d...@penoff.com>
 Sent: Friday, October 7, 2016 4:09 PM
 Subject: Re: [MBZ] Auto transport

Unless you started out really early in the morning, I wouldn’t think about
trying to go from Naples to DC in one day.  That would be a very, very long day.

I’ve made it from Reading, PA to SC or GA in one day, and even that’s a haul.

I just did the drive from Little Rock, AR to Tampa earlier this year when I got
my 350SDL, and that was 14 hours nearly nonstop.  I went across to ATL and then
down, rather than dropping down across MS.  It was a little longer, but faster
and all interstate.  If I hadn’t been within a few hours of home when I started
to get tired I would have stopped.  I left LR around noon local time (1:00 pm
Tampa time) and got home around 3:30 am, if I recall correctly.  I was wiped
out.

And yes, I broke some laws doing it.

Dan