Larry -
I "found" the redline at V.I.R. while doing laps, near the end of the long uphill straight. Somewhere near 90mph, the transmission decided it was time to shift into 4th, and the slight surge in engine rpm caused the IP to say "bzzzt". Nothing was wrong with it, just wanted to let me know where the limit was. As I recall, the tach was getting near to 5k; after the shift to 4th, it just went back to pulling the car along.....
Now, 18 months later, the car is still happy at highway speeds.

Werner

To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2006 6:23 PM
Subject: [MBZ] RPM Redline

Noticed today there is no redline on my tachometer -- just where is the
redline?  Although I know transmission is not going to allow the engine to
continue to accelerate as it nears redline (I don't think) , but I'm curious
about where it is.

TIA --

Sincerely,
Larry T ('74 911, '67 MGB, '91 300D Turbo)