Bravo!  I love days like that!

There really is nothing quite so enjoyable than wrenching on my W123 and W108.
Ive just gotten Karl back from the paint shop after Dimitri worked some of his
welding magic on my right rear quarter panel.  I had the whole car sprayed in a
very nice “driver” job (against Dimitri’s wishes) in the original color “Desert
Red.”  It looks fantastic.  The car had 2 colors before due to a incident with
a motorcycle 25 years ago on that right rear quarter, and the original paint
was so thin you could see primer in places.

I’ve just installed new Cibie headlamps (kept the original wattage on the
bulbs) and I cannot believe the difference.  Today, I’ll replace the left fog
light (corroded reflector) with one I purchased on eBay.  The windshield guy is
also coming today to replace the original and the trunk seal.  Yes, I have the
MB seals….I learned that lesson a long time ago.  Thank you, Jaime.

Later this week I’ll get the car fluid filmed (in all the right places).  I
used to do this, but my friend has a gun and shoots out of a 5-gallon can with
the car on a lift.  Painless!!!

Diesel Purge is great stuff.  I always fill the new fuel filter with it because
I never think to get diesel in advance of working on the car.

It’s been warm so far this year, but cold is just around the corner.  I am
going to prep small bottles of Howes Diesel Conditioner for winter use.
Thinking of switching to Stanadyne after this bottle is exhausted

Happy Wrenching!

Jon