Nothing to report from yesterday in the way of work.

My house painter called at 8:00 am and said his crew was on their way (we
hadn't scheduled a start date yet) so when I got home I had to spend my time
removing all the exterior fixtures as I had promised to do before they started.

After that I had an HOA meeting to attend, so I drove the 300D to the library
for the meeting.

I'm simply amazed at the performance of this car. I'm not sure whether it's due
to the relatively low miles, the way it's set up or what, but this thing gets
up on its hind legs and GOES!  It does upshift quickly, so there may be a need
for adjustment to the modulator.  It doesn't hold vacuum for long after being
shut down, so maybe that's causing the early upshifts. I'll investigate the
vacuum system this weekend if time permits.

That being said, it's definitely noisier than my later models. Not rattlely,
just noisy.  Still fun to drive and spacious considering the difference in size
compared to the W126. Almost 100 miles on the clock since I got it and it's not
even down a 1/4 tank yet!

Dan

Sent from my iPad