Just returned home from a neighborhood celebration of Trump's inauguration,
about twenty or thirty folks, lots of kids, fireworks, food and strong drink,
just a great time.  American flags flying, war stories, laughing about the
victory, making new friends.

Surprisingly, at least four or five were legal immigrants who recently decided
to become American citizens.

One neighbor, who was invited but declined, decided to make a stink about the
fireworks and came over to complain.  This was at nine p.m. on a Friday night.
He was rather belligerent, was told to stuff it and seen off. He called police,
they came and basically said we were cool, continue with party and fireworks,
and then visited the neighbor to let him know the deal.  They came cruising by
twice more, showing the flag and keeping the peace, we partied on.
--
Max Dillon
Charleston SC