BTW, when I did this job myself back in Feb '10, I had to take the new springs out and put the old ones back in. The engine was much louder than before. Seems the engine didn't like the new springs. When I put the old ones back it was instantly quieter. I don't think I'll have any trouble - I just wanted to re-familiarize myself with what I would need to do. With what I know now about how critical the torque is when it comes to noise, I will be able to have a quiet engine quickly.

Although I tend to be careful when torquing, even when I don't have a torque value I try to be consistent, of course, it ispossible I was off a little but more accurate the 2nd time and the noise had nothing to do with the springs.

Larry