That crap chipboard is about all you can buy now. 15 yrs ago or so, it was about the same price as plywood. Plywood does not rot as fast, does not swell as much in humidity, and does not become a torch in a fire. If they'd used 3/4" Doug fir plywood, your floor would probably be OK.

Question.... It seems like maybe water is still getting in and attracting termites. I'm betting water gets in around the windows and runs down behind the siding. Have you checked it out?

Kaleb C. Striplin via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
January 25, 2017 at 9:05 PM
Well it would be a decent sized area I would need to replace because I would open the floor up big enough for me to work in. I am not crawling back and forth under the house. Yes I do not know why they used that crappy particle board type crap. If it was not rotten then yes that would make it easier. The wife thinks that doing the pergo flooring in that room only would look stupid. I'm not sure if I agree or not.

Sent from my iPhone