Clay bar’ed and waxed the car this morning.  No need for polishing as the
finish is good and I don’t want to take any of the clear coat off.

The car has definitely been repainted at some point in its past.  Not a bad
thing, just something I noticed as I worked on the exterior.

Now that I have the exterior pretty much in order, I’ll move to the interior
and get the carpets clean and clean the interior thoroughly.  For the most part
it’s not bad, the headliner is a little dirty, but otherwise this should be a
fairly easy job.  Looking forward to seeing what under the rear seat cushion
yields.  The PO did leave about $5 of change in the ash tray.  Nice!

After the interior is done I’ll get the car in the air and do some work
underneath.  I’ll probably flush the brakes, as the fluid is almost black.  I
need to check the transmission vacuum modulator, as I suspect that’s the source
of the hard shift issue since all of the vacuum lines topside look OK and to be
in the proper positions.

In my down time I’ll start getting a parts list together to sort out the
breather tubing on the intake.  I have GOT to sort that out, as it’s making me
crazy looking at it.  Antenna doesn’t work, either, so I need to pop the
aftermarket head unit and see if it’s connected properly before I tear into the
antenna.

-D