I forgot to say the last work was done by my mechanic, who does nothing but
old mercedes. I assume he flushed it all out and rechecked it
appropriately. But I am getting tired of paying people for it to not work.

 Of course it is a swap to 606 and some of the wrong pressure sensors had
been used, and the control unit from a sedan, so it was not straightforward
to sort out. But he thought he had all parts back to stock and working.